- Full crown coverage
- More aggressive anatomical reduction is required for zirconia crowns than is required for e.Max.
- Tooth reduction is similar to that required for a porcelain fused to metal crown.
- Sharp angles and edges of zirconia crowns must be rounded and shoulders should be chamfered.
- Multiple color options are available for zirconia crowns.
Delivery and Cementation
- Cementation is achieved via mechanical retention using a glass ionomer resin dental cement.
- Zirconia crowns are relatively new, which means that there are no long-term longevity studies available.
Taking Impressions in Order of Preference
- Impression-free scans for digital workflow
- The crown preparation, hard tissue, and the surrounding soft tissue are scanned chairside and transferred to the Stomadent dental lab digitally.
- Hybrid technology
- This method utilizes both scannable impression material and impression trays.
- The impressions and bite are then individually scanned into STL files.
- Images are created from these files and used to “print” 3D models in the dental lab.
- Take traditional polyvinyl siloxane impressions and bite registrations
- Stomadent Dental Laboratory is a Zirconia certified provider.
- The staff at Stomadent undergoes extensive training and continuing education to stay abreast of the latest advances in the manufacture and process of Zirconia products.
Contact us today for more information or for a free starter kit. If your practice is located in the Treasure Valley area, we offer free pickup. For dental clinics outside of the area, we offer free FedEx two-day delivery.
Don’t miss a beat — when you need us, we’ll be ready! Our dental starter kit includes everything you need to order dentures, dental crowns, dental bridges, and other dental prosthetics from our dental lab. See for yourself how we can help your dental practice succeed!
FedEx two-day return postage shipping labels
Laboratory prescription slips
Three mailing boxes
Product and service inserts with price list