Additionally, many intraoral scanning equipment manufacturers use their own proprietary software that allows the clinician to send scans and auxiliary data to the laboratory of their choice using a case management system. These systems upload the dental records and forward them directly to the dental laboratory in their original capture format. Stomadent supports and collaborates with the following scanner manufacturers:
- Cerec Sirona
- 3 Shape
How To Transfer Dental Files
Many scanner manufacturers have file transfer software built into their system. The steps to send your digital dentistry files to Stomadent Dental Lab are briefly outlined here. If you have specific questions or concerns about sending files from your equipment, contact your scanner manufacturer for help linking Stomadent to your scanning system.
Keep in mind that technology is rapidly changing and scanner manufacturers are constantly improving and upgrading their systems. If you have old or outdated software, it may be necessary to first download the latest software version for file transfer to work properly.
- Contact Align Technology and ask to add Stomadent to your list of Favorite Labs.
- Then go to Settings and select Sync Configuration.
- Transmit case scans and additional data by selecting Send.
Trios and 3Shape
- Log in to your 3Shape account.
- From main menu, select More.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Connections, then Labs, and finally Add.
- Search for Stomadent then click Connect.
- Log in to your Medit account.
- Select Partner then search for Stomadent.
- Request Partnership.
- Once the partnership is approved, select Stomadent to complete the digital Rx.
- Log in to Sirona Connect, select My Cerec Connect, and then select Edit Account.
- Under My Account, select My Favorite Laboratories.
- Search for Stomadent in the Company Name field and check the box.
- Click Add to register.
- Select Restoration Preferences and send scans by selecting Submit Cart.
Using a Scanner That Isn’t Listed?
Using case management software is not the only method to send digital records to Stomadent.
- Digital dental records may be attached to an email along with case identifying information in the body of the email.
- Email your STL files to our dedicated email address: [email protected].
- To send larger electronic records, you may use Drop Box or other secure file transfer websites.
- Include a scan of your Prescription Form plus any other information, such as JPEG photo files, along with the STL files of both arches.
Regardless of the transfer method used, remember to scan the opposing arch with any opposing appliance in place if the treatment plan involves the patient continuing to wear the existing partial or denture after the new appliance is fabricated.
Transferring Dental Files Made Easy
Why wait any longer to incorporate precision into your impressions? Transferring your digital dental records to Stomadent Dental Laboratory can be the start of something wonderful. Stomadent takes the millions of data points within your scans and turns them into functional works of beauty through CAD/CAM technology, 3D printing, and milling. To get started transferring your next digital impressions case, follow this link to Stomadent.