- The properties of gold and gold-containing alloys allow cast metal crowns to be thin but incredibly durable.
- Minimal anatomical reduction is required to achieve excellent long-term results.
- Cast metal crowns conserve the natural tooth structure.
Taking Impressions For Cast Metal Crowns
There are several ways to take impressions. Below you will find the best ways to do so in order of preference for our dental lab:
- Impression-free scans for a digital workflow
- The crown preparation, hard tissue, and surrounding soft tissue are scanned chairside and transferred to the dental lab digitally.
- Hybrid technology
- Utilizing scannable impression material and impression trays, the impressions and bite are individually scanned into STL files.
- Images are created and used to “print” 3D models in the dental lab.
- Traditional polyvinyl siloxane impressions and bite registrations
Cast metal crowns are available in gold or silver-colored alloy metal, depending upon the platinum and/or palladium content.
Delivery and Cementation
We recommend mechanical retention secured with zinc phosphate or resin-modified glass ionomer cement for the best possible results.
- Gold restorations have a history of lasting 25-30 years or longer, depending on how well the patient takes care of these crowns.
- Literally considered the “gold standard” of restorative options for good reason — these crowns are designed to last for a long time. They serve as the standard by which all other options are judged.
Contact us today to receive a free starter kit from our dental lab in Idaho. We offer same-day pickups for many locations in the area and fast shipping for your clinic if you are outside of our pickup zone.
Don’t miss a beat — when you need us, we’ll be ready! Our dental starter kit includes everything you need to order dentures, dental crowns, dental bridges, and other dental prosthetics from our dental lab. See for yourself how we can help your dental practice succeed!
FedEx two-day return postage shipping labels
Laboratory prescription slips
Three mailing boxes
Product and service inserts with price list